New Jersey Mathematics K-12 Endorsement Online
Are you an already certified New Jersey teacher looking to earn an additional endorsement?
Mathematics K-12 Endorsement ProgramThis program provides currently certified New Jersey teachers, in any subject area, an endorsement to teach Mathematics K-12 through a combination of NJCTL's Online Courses for Teachers; Field Experience Courses; and Praxis II examination. NJCTL's Online Courses for Teachers provide all the required instruction in both mathematics content and teaching methods.
- Teachers complete the first three Online Courses for Teachers; Teaching Methods (MET-6101), Learning,Teaching Pre-Algebra (MATH-6401); and Learning and Teaching Algebra I (MATH-6403) before entering the classroom in the fall.
- Teachers then take two Field Experience Courses, MATH-6406 in the fall and MATH-6408 in the spring, in which they teach PMI Algebra I to at least one section of students while receiving coaching and support from NJCTL.
- During the Field Experience, teachers take two additional Online Courses for Teachers; Learning and Teaching Geometry (MATH-6405); and Learning and Teaching Algebra II (MATH-6407).
- At the end of the field experience and continuing into the summer term, teachers take two final Online Courses for Teachers, Learning and Teaching Precalculus/Introductory Calculus (MATH-6409), and High School Mathematics Capstone with Praxis Prep (MATH-6413).
Upon successfully completing these seven Online Courses for Teachers,the two Field Experiences Courses, and passing the Mathematics Content Knowledge (5161) Praxis, the candidate can apply to the New Jersey Department of Education for an endorsement to teach Mathematics K-12.
For more details see: learning about the PSI and PMI curriculum.
While NJCTL Online Courses for Teachers are asynchronous, so they can be taken anytime, anywhere, we recommend starting on suggested dates to be part of a cohort. Also, “virtual office hours” will be in place for each course using Zoom; by being part of a cohort, those Zoom sessions will be more productive. All content courses will be offered completely online through asynchronous courses. Teachers will still receive classroom coaching visits as part of the Field Experience Courses.
This teacher endorsement program is approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
Program of StudyClick here for NJEA pricing, reflecting 20% discount on NJCTL tuition.
These graduate level classes may be taken with NJCTL for professional development credit hours only or through our partnership with Colorado State University - Global Campus, participants can have these courses placed on a CSU-Global graduate transcript (restrictions and fees apply).
- Click here to learn more about having NJCTl credits transcribed onto a CSU-Global Graduate Transcript.
- Click here to view the program of study with costs for the NJCTL NJ Mathematics K-12 Teacher Endorsement Program with CSU-Global graduate credits.
- Click here to learn more about the NJCTL/CSU-Global MSTL with Mathematics K-12 Specialization with NJ Mathematics K-12 Teacher Endorsement program.
- Click here to view the program of study with costs for the NJCTL/CSU-Global MSTL with Mathematics K-12 Specialization with NJ Mathematics K-12 Teacher Endorsement.
Click here for our Mathematics K-12 endorsement program developed for teachers outside of NJ.
Click here for the NJCTL/CSU-Global MSTL with Mathematics K-12 Specialization (not seeking NJ endorsement).
Click here for the listing of all NJCTL mathematics courses available for credit.
Click here for current NJCTL tuition rates.
Due to NJEA being the founder and largest supporter of NJCTL; NJEA members receive a discount of 20% off of NJCTL Tuition.
Financing is available through Greater Alliance Federal Credit Union (GAFCU), click here to learn more.
All individuals who pay for the entire program up front (through GAFCU financing or other means) are entitled to a 5% discount for paying in advance.