New Jersey Chemistry Endorsement Online
Are you an already certified New Jersey teacher looking to earn an additional endorsement?
NJCTL is happy to announce that we have now taken our Chemistry Endorsement courses that were previously offered face-to-face, and created an online course offering!
Chemistry Endorsement OnlineThis program provides currently certified New Jersey teachers, in any subject area, an endorsement to teach chemistry through a combination of NJCTL Online Courses for Teachers; Field Experience Courses; and Praxis examinations. NJCTL Online Courses for Teachers provide all the required instruction in both chemistry content and teaching methods.
- Teachers complete the first two Online Courses for Teachers, Learning and Teaching Chemistry (CHEM 6701) and PTI Teaching Methods for chemistry (CHEM 6101), before entering the classroom in the Fall.
- Teachers then take two Field Experience Courses, CHEM 6702 in the Fall and CHEM 6704 in the spring, in which they teach PSI Chemistry to at least one section of students while receiving coaching and support from NJCTL.
- During the Field Experience, teachers take three additional Online Courses for Teachers in the content, and how to teach the content, of Advanced Placement Chemistry. These are taken in the succession and should be completed before taking the Praxis examinations: CHEM 6703; CHEM 6705; and CHEM 6707.
Upon successfully completing these five Online Courses for Teachers and the two Field Experiences Courses, and passing the General Science Praxis and Chemistry Praxis, the candidate can apply to New Jersey for an endorsement to teach chemistry.
For more details see: learning about the PSI and PMI curriculum.
While NJCTL Online Courses for Teachers are asynchronous, so they can be taken anytime, anywhere, we recommend starting on suggested dates to be part of a cohort. Also, “virtual office hours” will be in place for each course using Zoom; by being part of a cohort, those Zoom sessions will be more productive. All content courses will be offered completely online through asynchronous courses. Teachers will still receive classroom coaching visits as part of the Field Experience Courses.
This teacher endorsement program is approved by the New Jersey Department of Education.
Program of StudyClick here for NJEA pricing, reflecting 20% discount on NJCTL tuition.
These graduate level classes may be taken with NJCTL for professional development credit hours only or through our partnership with Colorado State University - Global Campus, participants can have these courses placed on a CSU-Global graduate transcript (restrictions and fees apply).
- Click here to learn more about having NJCTl credits transcribed onto a CSU-Global Graduate Transcript.
- Click here to view the program of study with costs for the NJCTL NJ Chemistry Teacher Endorsement Program with CSU-Global graduate credits.
- Click here to learn more about the NJCTL/CSU-Global MSTL with Chemistry Specialization with NJ Chemistry Teacher Endorsement program.
- Click here to view the program of study with costs for the NJCTL/CSU-Global MSTL with ChemistrySpecialization with NJ Chemistry Teacher Endorsement.
Click here for our chemistry endorsement program developed for teachers outside of NJ.
Click here for the NJCTL/CSU-Global MSTL with Chemistry Specialization (not seeking NJ endorsement).
Click here for the listing of all NJCTL chemistry courses available for credit.
Click here for current NJCTL tuition rates.
Due to NJEA being the founder and largest supporter of NJCTL; NJEA members receive a discount of 20% off of NJCTL Tuition.
Financing is available through Greater Alliance Federal Credit Union (GAFCU), click here to learn more.
All individuals who pay for the entire program up front (through GAFCU financing or other means) are entitled to a 5% discount for paying in advance.