New Jersey Endorsement Scholarship Opportunity
Thanks to a generous donation from the Thompson Family Foundation, NJCTL is able to offer 20 scholarships, of up to $6,000 each, to current NJ teachers who would like to earn their endorsement to teach chemistry, middle school mathematics, mathematics K-12 or physics.
This scholarship is part of a program established to provide support to teachers who are interested in expanding their knowledge, skills & professional credentials and are in a school district that does not offer any financial support. This scholarship is only open to individuals seeking future enrollment in NJCTL programs.
The deadline to apply is Dec. 15, 2018. To apply complete the following requirements:
- Submit an online endorsement program enrollment application at www.njctl.org/apply/
- An essay of 500 words or less answering the question: "Why do you want to earn your physics, chemistry or mathematics endorsement?"
- A letter of recommendation from your principal or supervisor explaining why you would be a good candidate.
- A letter from your principal committing to schedule you to teach at least one section of the following course for the duration of the 2019-20 school year:
Chemistry Endorsement - Teach PSI Chemistry
MS Mathematics Endorsement - Teach Grades 5 through 8 PMI Mathematics or PMI Algebra I
Mathematics K-12 Endorsement - PMI Algebra I or PMI Geometry
Physics Endorsement - Teach PSI Algebra-Based Physics
- A signed endorsement program scholarship agreement form from the applicant.
- A signed teacher/administrator video release form: Chemistry Release, MS Mathematics Release, Mathematics K-12 Release, Physics Release.
Please send your completed essay and required letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org